Friday, May 11, 2012

Alignment is a Beautiful Thing

As we continue to work at starting Christ Church in the West County, there's a lot of work that needs to take place. Yesterday, as we worked on a project, we had the opportunity to catch up with a couple of really good friends from out of town. Through both of these encounter - one planned and the other unplanned - we were encouraged and reminded that we are on the right path and doing the right thing. I cannot go into all the details, but I will say this: Alignment is a beautiful thing. 

Often we look for consensus or we look for confirmation. As we work on this start up church, I've used the word alignment. We see God aligning hearts, spirits, and values. We see answers to prayers - specific prayers - and take that as alignment. These comments, emails, and stories are a valuable treasure chest for us because we know that there will be days of frustration, challenge, and disappointment in the future. That's natural; it's a rhythm of life. But these stories of alignment are what will keep us centered and focused in those days.

 I hope that you have those kinds of stories, phone calls, and emails saved in a file or written in a journal. These are as much a blessing from God as the word's of Scripture.
  • What areas of your life are you questioning or looking for answers?
Keep praying ... keep pushing through ... pray long on these, and begin looking for alignment that is true to God's nature, his word, and his values
  • Below are two markers of alignment for us. They may not mean much to you, in fact they probably shouldn't. But they are powerful markers for us. 

"I was forty years old when Moses the servant of the Lord sent me from Kadesh Barnea to explore the land. And I brought him back a report according to my convictions, but my fellow Israelites who went up with me made the hearts of the people melt in fear. I, however, followed the Lord my God wholeheartedly. So on that day Moses swore to me, 'The land on which your feet have walked will be your inheritance and that of your children forever, because you have followed the Lord my God wholeheartedly.' (Joshua 14:7-9 NIV)"



If you'd like more information on Christ Church or discover how to join our launch team, feel free to email us.  We look forward to hearing from you.

-Ben
"Church Should be Simple:  Love God and Love People"


No comments: