Tuesday, December 11, 2012

8 Things for CCWC to Know this Week


Hey CCWC Family here are 8 things I want to share with you today!


1.  I am so glad that you had a meaningful worship service and time sharing Communion together last Sunday.  Sam and I were praying for you and we hope that you were able to take one more step closer to God this week.  My thanks to Pastor John Hall for bringing God's word to you and to Amy and Dave and Randy and Mitch for leading our worship time and guiding you throughout the day.

2.  We are continuing in our series: Peace on Earth this week and I will be preaching from Luke 2 and focusing in on the story of the shepherds.  Let me encourage you to read the passage this week in advance of the message - and hey, shoot me some ideas to hit upon!!!  I just might use them.

3.  I'm so thankful to Sara Peters, Gail Root, Colby Tucker and all of you who donated to Rob's Toys and helped the needy children of the area through the Erie City Mission.  I really hope that we can be known as a church that reaches into our community to offer, help, hope, and healing in Christ's name.  Great Job Everyone!!!

4.  Continue to Pray for our Year End Giving.  Amy and I have sent letters to friends and family asking if they'd consider investing in CCWC with a year end gift.  Pray that these will be well received and that we will gain more investors in our ministry.  Also, pray about your own investment to CCWC asking the Lord to guide you in your decisions, not just week to week or for year end, but as we look to a new year.  There's so much we can do together.

5.  Don't forget ... CHRISTMAS EVE @ the Chapel at Pleasant Ridge Manor, 6:30pm.  

6.  Keep me and Amy in prayer as we develop preaching and music themes for the new year.

7.  BayHawk Tickets are available for Friday night's game and Sunday afternoon's game.  Just let me know and we can hook you up.

8.  Read through Luke 1-3 over the next few weeks and take a look at who is given the privilege of hearing about the birth of Jesus: Messiah and Savior.  Also check out Luke 2:21-28 and focus in on 2:24 and cross reference with Leviticus 12:1-8 ... what is Luke telling us about Jesus birth family and how does that relate to the nature of God's kingdom???

Have a great week!

In Christ,

No comments: